Live from Scottsdale….

Parked in Barret-Jacksons Feature Tent

Parked in Barret-Jacksons Feature Tent

Well.  We arrived in Scottsdale earlier in the week.  It was a very difficult moment to walk around the corner and see that the wagon was already in her spot waiting for a final polish and shine.  We definitely can’t complain about the location that we have in the feature area and hope to have really great TV coverage on Saturday night.  We’ve definitely talked to a lot of people, met a many wonderful new friends and have taken every opportunity to watch the cars as they roll across the block.  As each day passes and we get closer to “The Big Day”, that feeling in the pit of our stomachs gets worse.  To add to our already raw nerves, the weather is NOT co-operating.  Tonight we had (and still have) a tornado watch.  There were many rumours flying around the Auction site…  and our hearts and thoughts go out to all those who have in fact suffered losses.  Russo-Steele Auction lost 2 of their tents which resulted in major damage to many collectible and invaluable cars, the latest news says the owners won’t be allowed back to the site until morning.  Thankfully there haven’t been any injuries reported at this point.  A tornado has reportedly touched down in the north end of the city as well and there are flood warnings from all the rain.  The good news is that this storm seems to have peeked and is heading east.  Hopefully it will get weaker and smaller as it goes.  I was running the video camera during some of the worst parts of the storm and it was honestly not a good feeling to see these huge structures wave and swell up to 5 or more feet at a time…. We’ll try to get some of that footage onto JFKustomsTV in the next couple weeks when we air our Barrett-Jackson episode.

I’d really like to thank everyone who has stopped by the car to wish us well.  The support and ecouragement really means a lot to us.  Keep your eyes on The Speed channel coverage and keep those fingers crossed.

• Share/Bookmark

6 Comments to “Live from Scottsdale….”

1. By Adam Lees, January 23, 2010 @ 5:15 pm

Hey JF Kustoms,

My name is Adam from Collingwood, Ontario… just wanted to say good luck at the Barrett-Jackson auction!… I’m watching the live SPEED channel coverage currently at Lot#1283… and looking forward to seeing the ’56!! It’s an amazing vehicle and has been very well received by everyone! You guys at JF Kustoms are extremely talented and your skill and love of the classic car hobby shows in the vehicles you build… It’s nice to see some Canadian builders getting well deserved credit!… I’m a fan! I’ve been enjoying the articles in Canadian Hot Rods magazine which I subscribe… keep up the good work, looking forward to new projects from you guys!

Again good luck!

Cheers

2. By Jay, January 23, 2010 @ 10:41 pm

Just watched her role thru on the auction…what can I say, its beautiful!!!
    I was highly anticipating the chance to view her underbody on the floor cameras, and was not disapointed in the least. Truly fabulous work…I hope you got what you were lookin for in the sale.

3. By Curt, January 24, 2010 @ 3:04 pm

Hey JF, maybe didn’t hit the number you wanted but still pretty damn good all things considered. You are an incredible talent and the coverage and admiration for your work was excellent on TV. I believe in fate and that things happen for a reason even if we don’t see it at the time. Keep going in the right direction.
    Curt

4. By Cathy, January 25, 2010 @ 12:59 am

Congratulations Kristen and JF!!!!! Saw the car on Speed tv a few times!!!! Very very cool!!!! So happy that you got to experience the auction in Arizona!!! Think that you probably should have got more money for your car but 175,000 is not too shabby!!!! Some very very sweet cars in the auction! That metal plane was my favorite for sure 625,000 that’s Craziness!!! I couldn’t believe all those high rollers and celebs! I am sure you got to talk to a lot of them!!! Once again good JOB!!!! Talk to you when you get home!!! Safe Travels!!!
    Cheers!!!
    Cathy

5. By Mark & Huiling, January 25, 2010 @ 6:51 am

JF & Christine,

We are so sorry with the Barrett-Jackson outcome. It’s hard to understand how the bidding could have topped out at $170K compared to other cars that went for more (including that red 1956 Belair convertible we discussed.) I hope you had a friend buy it back becasue there is no way that car should have changed hands for that price.

-Mark, Huiling & Jaedi

6. By martin collins, January 25, 2010 @ 4:58 pm

congradulations maybe not enough dough but the cost of that kind of exposure is truly priceless .must have been nerve racking no reserve andall .we were thinking of you and hoping for biggrr numbers .you are truly an artist and craftsman and should feel very proud of your accomplishments to date.keep up the good work . marty and madelyn